Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Step on up

For Christmas, Dash and I gave each other practical gifts that we knew we needed. I gave Dash some earphones that stay put and don't fall off when he's riding his bike and listening to The Avett Brothers or M.I.A. He gave me this lovely stool. The way our bathroom is set up, when we bathe Mason, we have to stand or squat. This stool is our solution to our achy backs. We went shopping at The Wood Shed, an unfinished furniture store here in Tyler and picked this one out thinking it will support us now and then Mason can use it to reach the sink later on. I'm thrilled with the finished stool, and so are our backs.




Step 1: Spray painted the stool and my thumbs.



Step 2: Printed out the design and then traced over it with a pen to leave a 'carbon copy.'

 

Step 3: Outlined design with a paint pen.



Step 4: Painted design and outlined again with paint pen (apparently at 27, I still can't stay in the lines).



Step 5: Sprayed with clear spray paint to seal it.



Step 6: Gave Mason a 15 minute bath sitting down. :)


Besides the cost of the stool, this project only cost about $8 for the paint. Plus, I have lots of paint leftover for future crafts. You can recycle any old stool for this project, making it a very cheap way to create a family treasure. Since I hope to make one for any future baby Connells, I wanted a stool that I could find matching ones for later on. If you like the idea, let me know and I can design your stool (name and graphics) and e-mail you a .jpg so you can make one yourself.

3 comments:

Merideth Savoie said...

Sooooooooooooo Creative!!! I love it!!! What a great idea. I may have to do a Savoie Boys one. Great job Shae!

Anonymous said...

you are so crafty - that stool is adorable!

Kate said...

So cute! You are so creative!!