Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hobby Lobby is a dangerous place

It's true. Mason and I ventured there yesterday to pick up some supplies for his upcoming birthday party. And he was great. Too great. Hobby Lobby in Tyler (well, probably everywhere) is full of older or elderly ladies fulfilling their girlie desires. But to Mason, apparently, it's prime flirting grounds. Everywhere we went in the store, he would smile and 'talk' to every lady we passed. They in turn would look at me with a face that said "I am so special to your child. He thinks I'm awesome." And then not twenty steps later, he had already forgotten her and had another target in his sights. I'll admit he does have an infectious smile, but when a trip to Hobby Lobby takes twice as long as it should because your son never meets a stranger, it is exhausting for his mama that has spent most of her life being shy! I ran out of things to say back to them when they commented that "the girls will be chasing after you" or "I can't believe those eyelashes were wasted on a boy" and found myself looking around for his previous victims to protect their feelings after he had already moved on.

1 comment:

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

Apparently, my catchy post title caught the eye of the Hobby Lobby HQ. For the record, I love Hobby Lobby, especially their 40% off one item coupon every week!