Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Falling more in love

The book we are reading in our community group is amazing. Like Kanye West's 'Amazing'. I mentioned it before, but it's called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It is changing me. God is changing me. Read it and you will never be the same.

I love my husband so much. I still get 'tingles' when I'm around him and are jealous of others when he's spending time elsewhere. I love my son so much. When he is not around, I miss him immensely. I can't wait to kiss his precious cheeks when he wakes up in the mornings or when I pick him up from nursery.

Like Francis Chan puts it, I'm just an earthly, sinful mother and wife but I love my family so much it hurts. It's so hard to imagine my heavenly, perfect Father's love for me that is infinitely more than my love for Dash and Mason. I feel so undeserving.

I'm on a course of falling more and more in love with God. He is revealing Himself in my life. I hope that my deeper love for God is reflected in my love for others.

I met one of my neighbors last week. She is about our age and has a daughter turning two soon. I have no clue where she stands in her faith or if she has one. I felt God pushing me out of my comfort zone to go meet her last week and desiring for me to reach out to her again. I'm planning on baking her family something. I'm praying that I have a chance to show her God's love. And if she is already a Christian, what a blessing to have a Christian neighbor just shouting distance from my front door. Pray for my courage and my baking skills. :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love this post! Can't wait to hear what happens with the neighbor.