Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shae's Garden

I don't have a green thumb, more like a yellowish-green pinkie finger, but I'm giving gardening my first stab this year. And here's the proof.

My herbs - basil, lemon thyme, spicy globe basil, rosemary and mint. I've used the mint for mint tea and the rosemary on some chicken so far. I used some chalkboard paint to make labels to write the names of the herbs on each pot. You know, so I don't put spicy basil in my sweet tea.


My two tomato plants in their shared pot. I salavaged this planter from the side of our house. They are two different types of tomato plants, so we'll see which one wins the taste test.  And it won't be long...


....because I found my first little tomato this morning!


One of the best things about our house is the porch area and front yard. Mason and I spend time outside every day, so it gives me a good chance to check on my plants and water them. Mason likes to water himself sometimes, too. So my venture into gardening has started with baby steps. It's a start! Next year, my goal is to grow everything I need to make homemade salsa! I'll settle for a tomato, basil and mozzarella salad this year though, and maybe some homemade pesto. Yum!

1 comment:

Traci Dixon said...

i love it! we have a few herbs now & want to add more. its so awesome & convenient to just go outside & pick what you need.