Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bluebonnet Photos

East Texas has azaleas and roses, but as far as I've seen, no bluebonnets. It looks like we'll be making an annual migration to the bluebonnets, unless one of our Tyler friends knows another solution.

Luckily, Mason and I planned a trip to my parents' home in Austin last week and the bluebonnets were in full bloom. Their home is in the Westlake/Bee Cave area of Austin, which boasts breathtaking views, sweeping hills and plastic pink flamingos. Yes, plastic pink flamingos. Famous in Austin for its eccentric display of flamingos, Pots and Plants Garden Center had the perfect backdrop for photos. Some turned out better than others, but I never got a smile which is rare for my happy boy. No smile even on the second try in my parents' front yard. Darn ear infection! Enjoy his photos though. Even the one of me without makeup and in glasses. My favorite are the last two... the two without bluebonnets, oddly. And happy Spring to everyone!



And just to prove that my boy can smile when amongst our amazing state flower, check out his bluebonnet pictures from last year at just 1 1/2 months. Seems so long ago!

No comments: