Sunday, September 13, 2009

From our new home

We've arrived. Actually, I've been here over two weeks now. That's hard to believe. We've been busy cleaning, unpacking, cleaning, setting up and cleaning our new place in Tyler. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little OCD with it comes to other people's dirt. Ask my husband and he'll roll his eyes and tell you that I never take my flip flops off in hotel rooms and refuse to touch the comforter. You can roll your eyes now too. Lucky for me, the person who I inherited my OCD tendencies came to my rescue. My mom spent the better part of last week helping me clean every cabinet and drawer, every piece of furniture and every floor. There's still some left to do, like find a breakfast table or a dining table or both so we no longer have to eat on our laps and Mason's high chair can leave its prominent place in our living room. But our new home is coming together well. We do have one room completely finished. Let me introduce you to our bathroom (yep, just one!)!



The owners have updated the important features in the house - the cabinet hardware, windows and blinds, sinks, faucets, but kept most of the original light fixtures that give the home character. As you know, Dash found this house for us and I only saw it in photos until Mason and I moved up here. The home is even better than the photos, as historical charm is present in every room. And I'm happy to report that I walk barefoot in our house. Well, almost the whole house. Flip flops are still required in the pink and white tiled bathroom.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

So glad to see that you made it! I was really starting to wonder... We are missing you guys at small group!