Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Discovering Tyler

With a few found hours of sunshine, Mason and I strolled over to a few shops in our neighborhood today. Our first stop was Brady's Specialty Coffee, where I enjoyed one of my few cups of coffee since we arrived in Tyler. It was great and even better on the walk home. Mason enjoyed being the center of attention and an elderly lady told me that "he made her day" with his smiles and giggles for her. I love how my little man makes friends with everyone. Then we meandered over to Brick Streets Pharmacy where we discovered a fun collection of greeting cards, more strangers who oooo'ed and awww'ed over Mason's eyelashes and Blue Bell ice cream. Blue Bell ice cream just a few minutes walk from my house, we could be in for some trouble. My legs need to get used to this small town living as they are complaining to me right now, but this is slowly starting to feel like home.

3 comments:

Corrie said...

Hi, Shae. I lived near Tyler when I was a little girl (before we moved to Georgetown) and have fond memories of the Caldwell Zoo. Mason may be a little young to enjoy it, but it won't be long before you'll want to take him there to run off a little energy! :)

Shae Connell said...

Great! Thanks for the tip Corrie! Maybe next spring and summer. Congrats on the two little boys coming soon!

Ruth said...

Already looking forward to visiting and getting the grand tour next summer! :-)