Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pure (sweet) Boy


I don't know when my son grew up so much. It's like I blinked and a little boy appeared where my baby was, but this is definitely my favorite age so far. He is growing up so much and learning something new every day. His little vocab is up to about 10 words, including new ones like door, bath, duck and book, though it takes his mama to decipher some of them. "Go get a book," sends him toddling over to pick out his favorites, Hooray for Fish! or Snuggle Puppy and "Ready for a bath?" makes him walk as fast as his little legs will go to the tub, yelling "Ath! Ath! Ath!" and throwing his arms in the air. His favorite words to hear are "Want to go outside?" because he scurries to the front door a lot faster than I can get there. Last night, I told him "It's time for medicine," and he went over and pointed to the cabinet his allergy medicine hides in. Apparently, he absorbs way more than I even know!

And I don't know how it happened, but he is becoming a rough and tough boy who lets out the silliest boy noises that I can't even mimic. He loves to throw things and make a crashing sound when doing so. He also loves to throw himself onto everything... people, pillows, balls and the floor.

And I don't know where he gets his loudness from, but there are a few culprits in both of our families! Take a look...

2 comments:

Merideth said...

Oh I love this video Shae!!! Thanks for sharing. He is getting so big and I can't believe he is saying words now. So fun!

debi said...

I love this. Dash was loud and made noises; but Mason is certainly his own person. I don't think Dash was this vocal. I am sharing this with all the great grandparents. thanks, for sending it.