Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bean Bag Pouf

It seems like I have a new project every week. This was last week's and it only took me three nights after Mason went to sleep to finish the sewing and stuffing. I treated myself to a trip alone to the fabric store - so fun! - before Dash left town. After seeing these square bean bag poufs at West Elm, I knew I could hack it and create a version that would suit my house and my son. Theirs is on clearance for $179.99. I made mine for $40. Pretty good deal, right? No offense to kiddie recliners but those just aren't my style, and this new bean bag pouf is just as perfect for Mason to snack, play and watch a movie in. I love the grown-up fabric and the formality of the square shape versus the sloppy vinyl bean bags I grew up with. Plus, the pouf will double as extra seating when we have people over. I have enough fabric to make one more and then I think I might find some coordinating solid fabric to make a third. They say you should arrange home decor in threes, right? That's perfect, because there are three in our clan.



The pouf is sewn from cheap muslin and stuffed with styrofoam peanuts of the shipping and handling fame. The outer fabric is removable with a zipper so it can be washed as needed. And look how cute my cutie looks in it...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You can do anything! I am so impressed with the bean bag pouf! Looks like Mason will have alot of fun playing on it! Good Job!