Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy anniversary husband!

Today marks 3 years for our marriage! Seems like it was just yesterday that we became husband and wife, but so much has happened in these past 3 years that it sometimes seems like it must have been longer with how much we packed into them. We've started new jobs, bought our first house, grown together spiritually (and physically), grew our family by adding our second dog and welcomed our little buddy - our son - into the world.

We celebrated our anniversary this past weekend and took advantage of two of Mason's aunts being in town for spring break for babysitting. However, my first outing without my little one could have gone a little better. We watched the Aggies lose but at least we had margaritas in hand to comfort us. Then came dinner at a nice place that people have been raving about in Katy. But we won't be back. First of all, it was not that impressive. Then, our waiter also ruined the night. As we were looking at the wine list (see a trend? not being pregnant is fun!), the waiter started congratulating us. How could he know we just had a baby? Did we have spit up on our shoulders? No, it was my glow. Yes, apparently my pregnancy glow. Ouch. I thought my 10 remaining pounds were well hidden, but I guess they are all still in my baby bump. Take note everyone - never comment on a woman being pregnant unless she tells you first!

Anyways, here's to the next 3 years... and the next 30 years, husband. I love you.

3 years ago on our honeymoon to Napa Valley

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy anniversary! Glad that you all got to celebrate, even if it wasn't the "perfect" evening. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Shea! Yall are an adorable couple!

Lindsee said...

I love that picture of y'all. Congratulations, you two! I still can't beleive I haven't seen your baby, and he was even at church on Sunday. I am kicking myself! Have a great Thursday!

Marianne said...

Happy Anniversary!