Sunday, August 17, 2008

Family Camp Fun


Dash and I spent time last weekend in New Braunfels for T Bar M's Family Camp 2008. However, this year we went to date night instead of being on camp watching campers - a nice switch! We had a good time with all of Dash's family.




Tommy and Ruth were great to let us stay with them for the rest of the weekend too. We caught up, shared pregnancy stories, played Rock Band, and we even got some great hand-me downs for Junior. Such a blessing! One of our favorite parts was watching Betsy, our niece, Saturday night. She loves her Uncle Dash and fell asleep in his arms. It was a great warm-up for Junior and we left with confidence that we can handle a baby (soon!).


I also celebrated my 26th birthday last week with a great dinner with Dash and my family. I got some perfect presents, including a Snoogle, Target gift cards to spoil Junior, and a great new digital camera, but one present brought tears to my eyes. When Dash and I had gone to Galveston back in July, I had spotted something I really wanted for our nursery. But it was very pricey so I decided I was going to try and make it myself. Dash must have made a mental note because my family surprised me with our nursery's first decoration - and something we will treasure for years to come! The large photo box (about 2ft x 2ft) is made by Sugarboo Designs and has a prayer for our child. You can see samples on the Sugarboo website of similar designs.

No comments: