Friday, October 20, 2006

the joys of homeownership

Lessons learned:

1. New, clean carpet is WONDERFUL, except it has a tendency to make me a little crazy trying to keep it clean, especially in the recent Houston monsoon we have experienced.

2. If your brand new dishwasher stops working mysteriously, don't panic - search for a secret light switch that for some reason controls the dishwasher.

3. Need a swimming pool in your backyard? Feel free to borrow our lab puppy before a heavy rain. He will gladly dig a mud pit that will soon fill up with water that can be used as a pool. He will even test it out for you and then walk on your new carpet if you so desire.

4. A bigger house IS actually easier to keep clean than a one bedroom apartment shared by 2 people and 2 dogs.

5. Seperate bath tubs and showers are a blessing!

6. FlyLady is scary....15-20 e-mails a day? Maybe I will resubscribe after we have kids and I am at home (and awake) for more than 5 hours a day.

7. Gas appliances are not that hard to operate...but are you supposed to smell gas when you turn on the oven?

And that is just the beginning. We will post pictures soon of our new house, the dining table I built (with my daddy), the painting by my grandma Arta Jean (who I am named after), our new furniture, and much more.

1 comment:

ruthie said...

Get some pictures of the new hood already!!!! :)

And yes I have a very mean stalker, dont I? A little scary...

Thanks for lunch! I loved seeing you my dear.