Thursday, October 12, 2006

I will praise you in this storm

"I will praise you in this storm..." If you are not familiar with this Christian song, it is one of my favorites. We had many storms this week, literal and figurative. Today during work, we had a First Nail ceremony to start construction on two houses. As I sat in my car, hurriedly finishing my lunch, the rain started pouring down. This song came on and reminded me that when we are going through life's 'storms' is when it is the most important time to praise God for our many blessings, though it may easier to shift our focus to our troubles. God is good and He takes care of those who love Him and serve Him.

After a week of pulling our hair out, crying, yelling, wanting to hit some people, and actually throwing dog toys across the room, Dash and I got the official word that our loan has gone though and we CAN close on our new house tomorrow! Up until 9pm last night, they were still requesting more information and documents but our (and your) prayers were heard. It should be a big weekend with our move and the Walk to Cure Diabetes on Saturday (go Team Dash's Dudes and Darlings!). I will post pictures from the weekend next week after we settle in a little.

No comments: