Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Deep in the middle of the T Bar M jungle...

That song still brings me back to my days as a T Bar M camper with my best friend, Kendall. We had a crazy 'skit' where one sat on top of the other, while pretending my legs belonged with her torso, and amazed people with her 'flexibility.' And my first true cleaning experience scrubbing our cabin with the other 10-year old campers. And tubing down the river with the entire camp in front of you. And playing Alpha/Omega Capture the Flag. And getting homesick for my mom. And man, those U-My-Bro shirts were so cool back then!

10 years later, I headed back to T Bar M, this time as a coach. I met Ruth and some crazy guy who made me giggle ALL THE TIME and who 2 years later asked me to marry him. Too many memories to count, from sharing my testimony with campers and dominating cabin cheer to theme nights and worshipping with little campers sitting in my lap. My favorite week of the summer was by far Family Camp. Better food, adult conversations and the precious Taylor family. The perfect combination.

Dash's family has been going to T Bar M Family Camp for over 20 years. It's a tradition that Mason and I get to join in on now and I'm thrilled. We've visited Family Camp for the past four years but this year was special because we took our son. I hope T Bar M will hold a special place in Mason's heart like it does in mine.

I wish I had some of my photos from my camper days here in Houston but they are packed in storage in Tyler. But here is Mr. and Ms. Omega (P.S. we won that week)...


... And here are a few photos from Family Camp this year


3 comments:

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

um, you're an alpha now.

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

Dash, I'll be an Alpha because I am legally bound to you but I can't ignore my blue days as an O-Omega, O-O-Omega. - Your wife

Kendall said...

Go Omegas! I loved our skit and had such fun reading about it again! Oh those were the days...