Monday, June 15, 2009

Confessions

I've become a bargain-shopping, coupon-hunting, budget-creating addict. My poor husband has been putting up with my symptoms for awhile now. I get some weird adrenaline rush out of saving money or sticking to my weekly budget. Who's know when we will all need our rainy day jar though. With everyone pinching their pennies and holding their pocketbook tighter, here are some of my favorite finds and I hope somebody finds them useful (or addicting) like me.

dealseekingmom.com - the run down of all the best deals at the most popular stores. Plus coupons and more. Last week I scored 2 packages of photo paper (50 sheets each) for $1 each at Staples after finding out about it here. I usually find my grocery store steals here and then hop on over to 5dollardinners.com (below) for a few recipe ideas.

5dollardinners.com - this mom has some great healthy ideas all for under $5 bucks a pop. She does a weekly plan and then posts photos and recipes after she cooks every night. She is feeding a family of four so it is plenty for Dash and I and leftovers. I've tried her oven-fried chicken nuggets, quesadillas with black bean corn salsa and some others. They are good, simple recipes that don't take very long which is great for me as a working mom. Plus, she just got a cookbook deal, so others must agree!

babycheapskate.blogspot.com - a great one-stop shop for all things baby (and kids). You can find amazing deals on toys, clothes, diapers, etc all here. This site tempts me to make impulse purchases because some of the deals are just that good, but I've held out so far and just scored things we needed for Mason.

oldnavyweekly.com - well, I've visited this site quite a few times since I discovered it a couple of weeks ago. It's a coupon hunting site where you have to time your visit just right to score the best coupons before they are gone. If you know you have some Old Navy shopping in your future soon, check this site out. I'm still waiting to grab a $75 off $100 purchase. One of these days I'll be lucky.

Know of any other great sites? I'd love to hear about them. Or if you liked one of my favorite sites above, let me know!

3 comments:

New said...

I am addicted to all of these websites as well. I too, I am hoping to catch a sweet deal coupon from Old Navy. Have a great week.

Ruth said...

Oh, no -- now I'm going to be addicted to the Old Navy site, too! (Of course, they are in-store coupons, so I'll just have to hold off until right before we come home.) Wanted to pass along one that I use pretty often -- wantnot.net. These are mostly for on-line deals, but they tend to be pretty good. We have to buy John (another) new car seat and she had a link to $50 off a Britax from Amazon! Can't wait to be home so that I can use the weekly Target deals and the $5 dinner one, too. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I like going to check out www.dealtaker.com, they have tons of coupons and freebies.