Thursday, May 1, 2008

Commuter

To go along with the new job, comes another change. After spending three hours a day in traffic Monday and Tuesday, I officially became a commuter - park in the new Park N Ride garage in Cypress, catch the 6:45am bus (with many other normal riders), and laugh as we pass all the others sitting in traffic as my bus zips by them in the HOV lane. My commute now? 30 minutes each way on the bus, plus another 10 minutes or so to get home.

And the new job? It is great! Very fast paced, something different every hour, and some sharp, creative coworkers. We build in 16 cities across the nation and I am responsible for half of them...so my work coming soon to: Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Hilton Head., S.C., Charlotte, S.C., Orlando, Tampa, and Jacksonville. Basically anything written about us, comes from me for those cities - ad, advetorial (the ads that read like articles in the real estate section of your local newspaper), direct mail, postcards, billboards, etc...

Hope everyone has a great May!

2 comments:

April said...

Awesome! I am so glad the new commute is working out for you...keep up the great work!

Nico's and Natalee's Proud Parents said...

I remember the days when it took me an hour everyday to get to UH! Commuting in Houston is an adventure.