Tuesday, February 27, 2007

JAWS

So, no this blog is not about the shark movies. I (Shae) have been miserable for the past three weeks with what seems like is TMJ. Over Christmas, my jaw started popping and about three weeks ago started becoming very uncomfortable and painful. Now, after 2 visits to the oral surgeon and another one next week, I can open my mouth less than an inch. It is pretty pathetic, though I think Dash still thinks he could pry my jaw open wider if I would just let him. The doctor tired a dose pack of steroids last week that did not seem to help and the pain got worse and my jaw will now open less. I am now on low dose pain pills and antibiotics to rule out an infection in my jaw joint. I appreciate the doctor being thorough and not wanting to misdiagnose TMJ, but the no gum soft foods diet he has me on is not going to cut it if I cannot fit any food in my mouth. Every day it seems my mouth will open less so soon I might be a frequent customer at Smoothie King for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hopefully my appointment next Monday will have some sort of results and maybe if Dash is lucky, his wife will have to sleep in a mouth guard for awhile - how attractive!

1 comment:

ruthie said...

Yea! Mouth guards are sexy. I hope your jaw starts feeling better soon!!!